Job Report Crashing

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
SeanP

Job Report Crashing

Post by SeanP »

Hi Les,
I have only just started to experiment with this option, when I load up the jet or full report it crashes Sheetcam, I am using V6.03.

I have added the job file in case there is anything wrong there.

Many thanks
Sean
Attachments
85mm plate.job
(19.88 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

I just tried the development version there as well Les, sorry it does the same in there also.
Only just noticed you have fixed the action points in that version as well,,,,,nice one!
Cheers
Sean
RobertCNC

Same here

Post by RobertCNC »

I think I have the same problem as the OP in version 6.0.3 and 6.0.4 on Win 7 Pro 64 (maybe in prior versions too but I'm not sure). If I choose a full job report, SheetCAM crashes with certain jobs and doesn’t crash with others. If I choose a summery job report I've no problem with those particular jobs.

But I think I’m on to something. After the crash I reload SheetCAM and it asks me to load a backup. But the backup doesn’t load correctly because the tool selection for each operation is blank. This also happens when I save the job myself and load it in afterwards. I think SheetCAM crashes because it can’t find the selected tools when creating a full job report. In the summary job report there aren’t any tools mentioned and so it doesn’t crash. By the way, the jobs run perfectly on my CNC mill and I love SheetCAM.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I can now replicate the fault here so I'll run some more tests and try to figure out what is happening.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Thanks Robert and Les, good stuff.
RobertCNC

Post by RobertCNC »

No problem Sean. I like to see it fixed too although for me it's not unworkable at this moment. It could be a problem in the near future however, when I want to change jobs I saved or make good documentation for the parts I produce.
RobertCNC

Post by RobertCNC »

Could it be that my tool numbers are too big (like: 2025020000) and some parts of SheetCAM's routines don't like that?

By the way, I use these large numbers because they have a meaning (like the first number 2 means endmill, etc).
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Wow, that took some finding. The fault is triggered by the name of your path rule: Shapes <20mm FR60%
The '%' in the name is causing the debug log to crash. If you change the name of that rule the report will work. In the mean time I will beat the offending piece of code into submission and get a new release out as soon as I can.
RobertCNC

Post by RobertCNC »

Thank you Les for the fast response! :D
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Oh gee,,,, that sounded like a headache for you, sorry about that and well tracked down.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Sean