Modifying post

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
ajclay

Post by ajclay »

Les,

I have SC installed on two separate computers,,, Home and work. Both I let do auto updates and use the same tool set. Both are the newest version of sheetcam as you mentioned. I wouldn't think the program is corrupt, but that sure would be an easy fix....

I get the same code from both computers. Same post..... S codes are always mixed in with the x-y movements.

I am extremely excited about the progress that you and Sean have made. He and I both have countless hours invested in trying to learn all we can about SC and Plasma cutting.

I'll use your post and try the tap file to see how things work out...

It's so nice to know that the problem is at least verified...

I'll report back in a few hours...

Thanks, Aj
ajclay

Post by ajclay »

WOW ! That's the first time that the rules have ran correctly sense Ive been working with them.

Ran like a champ in Mach.

Now I'll remove and re-install the SC program and or replace the post with the one you put up on the forum.

Now we know what to look for and it's easily identified.

My hat's off to you buddy!!

Thank You!

Aj
ajclay

Post by ajclay »

Les,

I removed the program and went back and also deleted all folders too. Just to make sure it was all gone.

Did a hard boot and re-installed SheetCAM.

Used the post you put on the forum for me too.

IT WORKS PERFECT !!

Thanks so much for helping me / us again.

Your support is second to none!

Have a beer on me!

Aj
Scott V

Post by Scott V »

I have been running the same post processor also. MP-3000 DTHC 11 scriber (DTHC 1V setup) The last version looks like it fixed the S-10 /S20 commands. It was not putting them in quite right before. I still can't seem to get the slower hole cutting speed to show up in Post with rules. Had it set for 75 % reduction on holes less then 1.5 inch. I was only looking at the Code, and not cutting anything with it yet. Mostly there, and easy to edit that one on simple drawings..

OK figured that one out,, So everything looks good now.. Been away from this a bit, and it's coming back slowly in how to do things. SheetCam is always good about poking around ,and finding what you need.(Or Les will find a fix for you) Can't wait for my Camera for the Scannything!
SeanP

Finally - with any luck!

Post by SeanP »

The gremlin showed up again yesterday Les.

After a good few hours head scratching and comparing settings with the house pc (which was working fine) I have found what is causing the problem.

In path rules the tick box 'show path rules in g-code' if I tick that, the s code doesn't go on a separate line, unticking it outputs the code just fine.

I would have had that ticked previous to the last reinstall as well.

Sean
ajclay

Post by ajclay »

My Hats off to Sean for figuring that out...!!

Just confirmed it also. He's correct.

With the tick box un-checked, sheetcam puts the S codes and (DTHC-on) and (DTHC-off) in the g-code on it's own line.

When the tick box is checked, it reports the same, but wrongly puts the code on the same line as the x y move..

I say wrong.... that combination just doesn't work on our cpus for some reason. It must be working for other users...

Thanks guys for the help.

Aj
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Ah. I found the problem. It will be fixed for the next release. Well done Sean for spotting that one!
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Thanks Les, just one other thing :wink: ,,,,,,the action points are they still working?

I can't get them to do anything recently, there isn't a lot to setting them up, I used to use them ok, but there's nothing happening on either of my machines now.
Cheers