What bugs you the most in SheetCam?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
SeanP

Re: What bugs you the most in SheetCam?

Post by SeanP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:51 pm

Ah drat, thought there might be something :lol:

hans

Post by hans » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:32 pm

Well, technically no bug but maybe not ideal.
Some times nice that the program remembers a value, but sometimes not really,
  • Assume creating a tool in the tool table with ccw rotation. All fine until I want to define another tool with standard cw rotation. But some time was passed so I didn't remember that a created a ccw tool and did not checked the rotation. To prevent toolcrashes like this maybe the default should be cw or a warning on tool creation could pop up. Or operations with a ccw tool could have another color..
  • The same thing with the operations' values, especially the milling depth. Nice that it remembers the final depth but across different jobs it makes not really sense in my opinion. So it is sometimes painful if you hit the machine table only because you made a deeper cut in your last part and you didn't really check this operation. Maybe start with a zero value in a new job? Yes I could have set up the material thickness and the distance from the table to the material bottom but on very simple parts you won't do this. What do you think of adding this two parameters (maybe the rapid clearance too, selectable) to the toolbar? So I can use this nice warning feature even if I am not clicking me through the menues...
Last edited by hans on Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hans

Post by hans » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:42 pm

operation table: it shows all operations in every tab.
I think if the table "Pocket" is selected only the pocket operations should be shown and so on. But all operations are shown in all tabs.
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-01-17_21-39-28.png
Screenshot_2021-01-17_21-39-28.png (42.31 KiB) Viewed 12 times