Code Snippets before afterburn

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
rodw

Code Snippets before afterburn

Post by rodw »

I'm developing a post for a new experimental featureset of Linuxcnc that does the THC internally in software. So far so good.
I'd like to try the afterburn feature but found the THC does not like it much.

How can I insert a M64 P2 before the afterburn.(Either in the post or with a snippet).
mancavedweller

Re: Code Snippets before afterburn

Post by mancavedweller »

Hi Rod,

not sure what you mean when you say "the THC does not like it much".

Anyway I've attached a job file and a tap file. Is this what you are looking for ? I made a code snippet with your M64 P2 and used that in a path rule.

The reason the cutting rule has a feedrate of 99.5% is that if it's 100% the path rule doesn't show up in the drawing !!!!! That one had to be taught to me.

Keith
130 CIRCLE.tap
(506 Bytes) Downloaded 68 times
130 CIRCLE.job
(4.93 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
rodw

Re: Code Snippets before afterburn

Post by rodw »

Keith thanks. Really appreciate the worked example.

I had not thought of the end of cut cutting rule in conjunction with the after cut.
When I said the THC did not like it, it wanted to dive as there was not enough material to keep the arc alive and I could not see how to Hold the THC.

I've found the cutting rules to be a bit of a mixed bag so far but the after cut would be handy on 16mm steel.

The velocity hold/antidive stuff I've written seems to be very effective without any cutting rules but when doing chain cuts to holes to save piercing on thick stock It would benefit by slowing down the travel around the arc. To a certain extent, this is managed by the trajectory planner slowing as it can't honour the feed request due to the laws of physics. I could not find a way to disable the THC for the hole without it kicking in on the start of the chain cut which is drawn in the DXF file.

Eg, this part...

https://youtu.be/wTJ4Lc4iioE

Not sure about the mismatch at the end, I might have a loose magnetic break away as this torch is a lot heavier than the one I had previously.