Maybe a bug?

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
Brian L

Maybe a bug?

Post by Brian L »

Hi Les,

Been reworking some existing programs, long story, but because of a change in operating software on the mill, all my programs coded a year or more ago won’t run. So I have to open the job file, re-post the code and send it out to the machine. In the process of that, I’m checking my operations and when I highlight an operation and then right click it opens a box that has edit at the top of a bunch of choices, the problem is that box opens behind the Sheetcam window, I can only see the bottom edge of it sticking below the main window.

I worked around it by double clicking the operation and it opened the operation parameter window which allowed me to double check the depth of cut, steps and stock left.

In the process of doing that, I ran into a couple times where I wanted to change a layer or a tool number and again, the drop down boxes were not behaving correctly. I was able to highlight the layer or tool window, and using my up or down arrows on the keyboard, cycle thru the choices and change them.

So, all in all, I worked through it all, but it was odd to say the least. Now, I do run a iMac, using parallels with Windows 7, so it’s not impossible that this could hamper things, but it’s never done any of this before.
Brian Lamb
blamb11@cox.net (blamb11@cox.net)
www.lambtoolworks.com

__._,_.___
Posted by: Brian Lamb <blamb11@cox.net>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Les Newell les.newell@...

Maybe a bug?

Post by Les Newell les.newell@... »

Hi Brian,

That sounds like a parallels issue. The operation editor windows are modal which means they should always appear on top of the parent (main window). The dropdown issue sounds similar. Dropdowns are separate windows that appear on top of the main window. If they aren't appearing on top, that would explain the symptoms you are seeing. Low level stuff like dropdowns and modal windows are handled by the window manager, not SheetCam.

Les

On 03/05/2015 01:23, Brian Lamb blamb11@cox.net (blamb11@cox.net) [sheetcam] wrote:
Hi Les,

Been reworking some existing programs, long story, but because of a change in operating software on the mill, all my programs coded a year or more ago won’t run. So I have to open the job file, re-post the code and send it out to the machine. In the process of that, I’m checking my operations and when I highlight an operation and then right click it opens a box that has edit at the top of a bunch of choices, the problem is that box opens behind the Sheetcam window, I can only see the bottom edge of it sticking below the main window. 

I worked around it by double clicking the operation and it opened the operation parameter window which allowed me to double check the depth of cut, steps and stock left.

In the process of doing that, I ran into a couple times where I wanted to change a layer or a tool number and again, the drop down boxes were not behaving correctly. I was able to highlight the layer or tool window, and using my up or down arrows on the keyboard, cycle thru the choices and change them.

So, all in all, I worked through it all, but it was odd to say the least. Now, I do run a iMac, using parallels with Windows 7, so it’s not impossible that this could hamper things, but it’s never done any of this before.
Brian Lamb
www.lambtoolworks.com

__._,_.___
Posted by: Les Newell <les.newell@fastmail.co.uk>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Brian L

Maybe a bug?

Post by Brian L »

Thanks Les, I’ll give a shot at shutting down everything and bringing it back up. When my software starts doing buggy things, that usually takes care of it. I wish more stuff would run natively on a Mac….
Brian Lamb
www.lambtoolworks.com

On May 5, 2015, at 6:34 AM, Les Newell les.newell@fastmail.co.uk (les.newell@fastmail.co.uk) [sheetcam] <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:
Hi Brian,That sounds like a parallels issue. The operation editor windows are modal which means they should always appear on top of the parent (main window). The dropdown issue sounds similar. Dropdowns are separate windows that appear on top of the main window. If they aren't appearing on top, that would explain the symptoms you are seeing. Low level stuff like dropdowns and modal windows are handled by the window manager, not SheetCam.LesOn 03/05/2015 01:23, Brian Lamb blamb11@cox.net (blamb11@cox.net) [sheetcam] wrote:
Hi Les,

So, all in all, I worked through it all, but it was odd to say the least. Now, I do run a iMac, using parallels with Windows 7, so it’s not impossible that this could hamper things, but it’s never done any of this before.Brian Lamb
www.lambtoolworks.com

__._,_.___
Posted by: Brian Lamb <blamb11@cox.net>

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___