Having a problem with feed rate being 60x too high

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
jeffwhaley@gmail.com [...

Post by jeffwhaley@gmail.com [... »

I think I've debugged the problem back to sheetcam. If you put the feedrate at 2 ips, the F command in gcode is 120. I've looked at older gcode files and the F command is the same as the feedrate. I can't figure out what changed... Using version 5.0.1 on Windows XP on a non-networked machine. I can't figure out if a sheetcam upgrade is a good idea or not either. Any thoughts?

__._,_.___
Posted by: jeffwhaley@gmail.com

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
dhylands

Post by dhylands »

gcode F rates are always inches/min (or m/min for metric) so if you're specifiying inches/sec that's why it's 60 times higher in the gcode.

2 IPS is the same thing as 120 IPM

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 4:39 PM, jeffwhaley@gmail.com (jeffwhaley@gmail.com) [sheetcam] <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:

I think I've debugged the problem back to sheetcam.  If you put the feedrate at 2 ips, the F command in gcode is 120.  I've looked at older gcode files and the F command is the same as the feedrate.  I can't figure out what changed... Using version 5.0.1 on Windows XP on a non-networked machine.  I can't figure out if a sheetcam upgrade is a good idea or not either.  Any thoughts?

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada
http://www.davehylands.com

__._,_.___
Posted by: Dave Hylands <dhylands@gmail.com>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://www.DaveHylands.com/