No Gcode

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
Brian Martin bmm@agape...

No Gcode

Post by Brian Martin bmm@agape... »

I am trying to run the post processor and Sheetcam says the code is saved, I can see the file but it's empty. I tried to open it in a code editor and there's nothing there. What's going on? Worked perfect yesterday. I didn't change any settings. Using version 6.1.4.

Brian's iPhone :-)

------------------------------------
Posted by: Brian Martin <bmm@agapemail.com>

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheetcam/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheetcam/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
sheetcam-digest@yahoogroups.com
sheetcam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
Les Newell les.newell@...

No Gcode

Post by Les Newell les.newell@... »

Hi Brian,

Did you get any error messages? In SheetCam make sure View->code editor
is turned on then run the post. Do you see any code in the code editor?

Les

On 24/05/2014 18:48, Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com [sheetcam] wrote:
I am trying to run the post processor and Sheetcam says the code is saved, I can see the file but it's empty. I tried to open it in a code editor and there's nothing there. What's going on? Worked perfect yesterday. I didn't change any settings. Using version 6.1.4.

Posted by: Les Newell <les.newell@fastmail.co.uk>

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheetcam/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sheetcam/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
sheetcam-digest@yahoogroups.com
sheetcam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

No Gcode

Thanks Les, I just tried it with Post Editor turned on (I've never had this on in the past either) and get the same results. I load the file in Mach3 or "Predator CNC Editor"and both show a blank page, the file is completely empty as far as I can tell.

On May 24, 2014, at 2:01 PM, "Les Newell les.newell@fastmail.co.uk (les.newell@fastmail.co.uk) [sheetcam]" <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:

Hi Brian,

Les

On 24/05/2014 18:48, Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com (bmm@agapemail.com) [sheetcam] wrote:

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___

No Gcode

Also not showing any errors!

On May 24, 2014, at 2:15 PM, "Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com (bmm@agapemail.com) [sheetcam]" <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:

Thanks Les, I just tried it with Post Editor turned on (I've never had this on in the past either) and get the same results. I load the file in Mach3 or "Predator CNC Editor"and both show a blank page, the file is completely empty as far as I can tell.

On May 24, 2014, at 2:01 PM, "Les Newell les.newell@fastmail.co.uk (les.newell@fastmail.co.uk) [sheetcam]" <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:

Hi Brian,

Les

On 24/05/2014 18:48, Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com (bmm@agapemail.com) [sheetcam] wrote:

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___

No Gcode

What post processor are you using? Do you have any cuts set up? What happens if you run the simulator?

Les

On 24/05/14 19:15, Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com (bmm@agapemail.com) [sheetcam] wrote:

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___

No Gcode

Ok I looked at it some more and it has the code in the Sheetcam code editor. Simulation works as expected. It just doesn't post the code when I run the processor.

On May 24, 2014, at 4:28 PM, "Les Newell les.newell@fastmail.co.uk (les.newell@fastmail.co.uk) [sheetcam]" <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:

What post processor are you using? Do you have any cuts set up? What happens if you run the simulator?

Les

On 24/05/14 19:15, Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com (bmm@agapemail.com) [sheetcam] wrote:

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___

No Gcode

I'm using the "Mach3 THC with scriber" post.

On May 24, 2014, at 4:28 PM, "Les Newell les.newell@fastmail.co.uk (les.newell@fastmail.co.uk) [sheetcam]" <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:

Les

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___

No Gcode

If you are seeing the code in the code editor then SheetCam is creating the G-code file. The code editor reads the file after SheetCam has saved it. Are you sure you are looking at the right file?

Les

On 24/05/14 22:04, Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com (bmm@agapemail.com) [sheetcam] wrote:
Ok I looked at it some more and it has the code in the Sheetcam code editor. Simulation works as expected. It just doesn't post the code when I run the processor. 

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___

No Gcode

I can see the code inside Sheetcam in the editor. But after I actually post the code and try to see it in another code editor or M3 it's blank. It's just not posting it up. I've tried several different parts and jobs and get the same results. I've been using this for 3 months and never had a problem with Sheetcam. Did you put out an update yesterday? I haven't used it since noon Friday.

On May 24, 2014, at 5:31 PM, "Les Newell les.newell@fastmail.co.uk (les.newell@fastmail.co.uk) [sheetcam]" <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:

If you are seeing the code in the code editor then SheetCam is creating the G-code file. The code editor reads the file after SheetCam has saved it. Are you sure you are looking at the right file?

Les

On 24/05/14 22:04, Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com (bmm@agapemail.com) [sheetcam] wrote:

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___

No Gcode

I don't understand this. The editor is pretty much independent from the rest of SheetCam. After running the post SheetCam tells the editor to load the file that has just been saved. If you can see the code in the editor the file must be ok.

Les

On 24/05/14 22:59, Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com (bmm@agapemail.com) [sheetcam] wrote:
I can see the code inside Sheetcam in the editor. But after I actually post the code and try to see it in another code editor or M3 it's blank. It's just not posting it up. I've tried several different parts and jobs and get the same results. I've been using this for 3 months and never had a problem with Sheetcam. Did you put out an update yesterday? I haven't used it since noon Friday. 

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___
art

No Gcode

Post by art »

I have been following this thread and out of curiosity, are you really saving the file to the location that your opening the file from???

Sounds like your opening a file in path "x" when the file is actually saved in path "Y"?

Just a thought

Art
Country Bubba

At 07:09 PM 5/24/2014, you wrote:

I don't understand this. The editor is pretty much independent from the rest of SheetCam. After running the post SheetCam tells the editor to load the file that has just been saved. If you can see the code in the editor the file must be ok.

Les

On 24/05/14 22:59, Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com (bmm@agapemail.com) [sheetcam] wrote:
I can see the code inside Sheetcam in the editor. But after I actually post the code and try to see it in another code editor or M3 it's blank. It's just not posting it up. I've tried several different parts and jobs and get the same results. I've been using this for 3 months and never had a problem with Sheetcam. Did you put out an update yesterday? I haven't used it since noon Friday.Â

Brian's iPhone

__._,_.___
Posted by: Art Eckstein <art.eckstein@gmail.com>

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___
Attachments
!3a-)_Happy.png
!3a-)_Happy.png (776 Bytes) Viewed 6486 times
Country Bubba

No Gcode

Problem solved! Sheetcam was misinterpreting my part names and when it posted the code it was inserting a dash(-) in the comment line. Mach3 and Predator will not recognize the - symbol in a comment/ job name line, so I just got a blank page then. Lesson learned.

On May 24, 2014, at 7:13 PM, "Art Eckstein art.eckstein@gmail.com (art.eckstein@gmail.com) [sheetcam]" <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:

I have been following this thread and out of curiosity, are you really saving the file to the location that your opening the file from???

Sounds like your opening a file in path "x" when the file is actually saved in path "Y"?

Just a thought

Art
Country Bubba

At 07:09 PM 5/24/2014, you wrote:

Les

I can see the code inside Sheetcam in the editor. But after I actually post the code and try to see it in another code editor or M3 it's blank. It's just not posting it up. I've tried several different parts and jobs and get the same results. I've been using this for 3 months and never had a problem with Sheetcam. Did you put out an update yesterday? I haven't used it since noon Friday.Â

Brian's iPhone <!3a-) Happy.png>

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___

No Gcode

That's different. Could you send me one of the problem job files or g-code files. I'll take a look and see if I can work around the problemm.

Les

On 25/05/14 02:36, Brian Martin bmm@agapemail.com (bmm@agapemail.com) [sheetcam] wrote:
Problem solved! Sheetcam was misinterpreting my part names and when it posted the code it was inserting a dash(-) in the comment line. Mach3 and Predator will not recognize the - symbol in a comment/ job name line, so I just got a blank page then. Lesson learned.

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___