Re: Naming Parts in Sheetcan

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
Don Rogers

Post by Don Rogers »

Less, I’ve spent the better part of today trying to use parts with some really strange results. I overcame the naming issue my manually entering the part name vs the drawing name when I did the post.

Where things go bad is when you click the check box in your parts list. It changes the operations to the part you clicked on. You then have to click off the previous part when then selects that set of operations. Back to the new part and select the words and the operations are back. There seems to be no synchronization between the words and the check boxes.

One other issue is that when I was setting up the part, I would hide all layers of the drawing that didn’t apply to that part. After getting all the operations and layers sorted out, I closed and saved the job. When I open the job again, All layers are on no mater which part you try to select.

All of this is very confusing.

Don Rogers

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Les Newell

Post by Les Newell »

Hi Don,

In the next dev version you will be able to disable the auto naming.

Where things go bad is when you click the check box in your parts list. It changes the operations to the part you clicked on.  You then have to click off the previous part when then selects that set of operations. Back to the new part and select the words and the operations are back. There seems to be no synchronization between the words and the check boxes. 

The operations shown will always be the operations for the selected part. Clicking on a part will select that part. Changing the part's name will not affect it's operations in any way. The name is just for your convenience.

One other issue is that when I was setting up the part, I would hide all layers of the drawing that didn’t apply to that part.  After getting all the operations and layers sorted out, I closed and saved the job.  When I open the job again, All layers are on no mater which part you try to select.

Yes, disabled layers are not remembered with the job. I'll look into making them be remembered.

Les

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Don

Post by Don »

Les,
Thank you
What about the erratic part selection process?
Don

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___