Restore settings lost on last Microsoft update

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
stinco

Post by stinco »

After microsofts last update ,I could no longer sign on my computer. I have now fixed that , and will never let them in my computer ever! Can't wait to go all apple . Anyway I have a sheetcam settings back up and click under help - folders , it looks like it's there , but none of my settings are installed in sheetcam . Thanks!

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Dick Douglas

Post by Dick Douglas »

Stinco
Curious that ms updates caused u problems. We have never had a problem with the updates.
I would consider carefully moving to apple. Without jobs innovation and market share will continue to slip.
We might not like that ms is the elephant in the room, but On 12/03/2014 9:26 am, <stinco@bellsouth.net (stinco@bellsouth.net)> wrote:

After microsofts last update ,I could no longer sign on my computer. I have now fixed that , and will never let them in my computer ever! Can't wait to go all apple . Anyway I have a sheetcam settings back up and click under help - folders , it looks like it's there , but none of my settings are installed in sheetcam . Thanks!

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Dick Douglas

Post by Dick Douglas »

Sorry. New phone. We might not like ms (I am no fan. We r non ms when ever possible) but the world is ms centric.
Just some thoughts.
Dick On 12/03/2014 10:24 am, "Dick Douglas" <dick@lazertrix.com (dick@lazertrix.com)> wrote:

Stinco
Curious that ms updates caused u problems. We have never had a problem with the updates.
I would consider carefully moving to apple. Without jobs innovation and market share will continue to slip.
We might not like that ms is the elephant in the room, but On 12/03/2014 9:26 am, <stinco@bellsouth.net (stinco@bellsouth.net)> wrote:

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Mic Arthur

Post by Mic Arthur »

...then when an OSX update takes out your wireless, you'll have to go to Linux.
No OS is immune from update failures.

On 12/03/2014 12:26, stinco@bellsouth.net (stinco@bellsouth.net) wrote:

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___
Les Newell

Post by Les Newell »

That is unusual. It sounds like somehow your user name got changed. Run SheetCam and go to Help->open settings folder. This will open a copy of Windows Explorer. Look at the address bar in Explorer and you should see a path something like this:
C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Roaming\SheetCam TNG Development
The exact path will very depending on your Windows version. The important thing is your user name. Select the directory containign your user name. For instance in this case it is c:\users. Hopefully you will also see your old user name in there. If so you have two options. You can either log in as that user or you can copy the settings across. To copy the settings go to the equivalent directory fro your old user name and copy everything. Go back to SheetCam and go to Help->open setings folder again. Close SheetCam leaving the new copy of explorer open. Now paste everything into the new copy of explorer. You should be asked if you want to overwrite a whole bunch of files. Answer yes for all of them. Hopefully now when you start SheetCam it will be exactly as it was.

Les

On 12/03/2014 01:26, stinco@bellsouth.net (stinco@bellsouth.net) wrote:

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___
stinco

Post by stinco »

Thanks Les , that seems to be the problem , I'm working on it

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___
Don

Post by Don »

Dick, some of us don't type with our thumbs yet and tend to use full words. Just a hint that your post are had to read for us old codgers.
Don

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___
Dick Douglas

Post by Dick Douglas »

hi donthanks, i need a reminder sometimes to remember the audience.

my wife and i have been in the philippinies a little over two years. will go home in july. my son tells me he sold the plasma and got a router. it will be fun to put on the sheetcam/cnc spurs again.

when we came here i knew nothing about a sim card. well nothing but seeing jason bourne pull something out of the phone belonging to the guy he just beat up and put it in his phone. and texting? that was something kids did.

here everyone sends texts. 2 pesos (5 cents us) per text vs maybe 20 pesos for a phone call. we learned to text. bought a phone with a keyboard so we wouldn't have to learn how to text from a number keypad. and it held two sims. it took us a year to see the need for another sim. in the meantime we have learned how to text. and learned some of the tagalog text shortcuts as well as some of the english ones.

my sprint htc wouldn't work here as a phone but was great when wifi was around. or a google map was downloaded in case we needed get unlost. the htc finally met its match with one to many drops on our tile floor.

i found a moto g while in manila for our anniversay mini getaway. (we are on a small island. no fast food. sidewalks rolled up 6, etc.) i wanted a phone that would work here as well as in the states when we get back. downside have to learn all the features incorporated in the new android kitkat stuff.

sorry that some of the texting habits crept into my email. in defense i was using the phone to send that time. ergo, the two emails instead of one. i will try and do better with clear, concise emails.

as far as old codgers go, i think i might fit that category. i will be 72 in july. the children have planned a family reunion when we get back. will hate to leave the wonderful people here. but am looking forward to seeing the grandchildren, especially the ones we haven't met yet. (three arrived while we were here)

dick

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM, <Don@campbell-gemstones.com (Don@campbell-gemstones.com)> wrote:

Dick, some of us don't type with our thumbs yet and tend to use full words. Just a hint that your post are had to read for us old codgers.
Don

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___