RE: Windows 8.1

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
plyman

Post by plyman »

Hi Just a question why are you rushing to get rid of XP. Sure Micosoft are ceasing to support it but if you PC is not connected to the net it will continue to as long as the hardware will. I run XP on 3 of my machines all of which run Mach 3 and sheet cam. I do not think mach3 will run on windows 8.1 .I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. I have spent many years working with computers and industrial control systems and have become a firm believer in if it is not broken don't attempt to fix it. I have on PC and a laptop that I have just updated to windows 7 only because I need the extra memory that 64 bit windows 7 gives me. At the last survey run in a UK computer mag there are still an estimated 400 million XP users.world wide.so I cannot see support from the anti virus companies etc ending very soon.

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
dantechfab

Post by dantechfab »

Thanks Guys !! I have a CNC mill with Mach3 and XP, as well as a plasma cutter using Mach3 and XP in my shop. Both machines are connected together to my main computer in my house with a LAN cable because that's where I do my CAD drawings. I will occasionally go on the web from my mill, but very rarely. Is that the only time I'm at risk (when surfing the web) or can they be hacked at any time? Like I said in my original post, I don't know computers all that well. Thanks again.

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___