Windows 8.1

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
dantechfab

Windows 8.1

Post by dantechfab »

I'm concerned about getting rid of my Windows XP and having to upgrade to 8.1 !! I'm not a computer savvy person, and don't know if Mach3 and my Sheetcam will be compatible. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Marius Liebenberg

Windows 8.1

Post by Marius Liebenberg »

Dan
Mach is not fit for 64bit systems. Have a look at the Mach website and you will find that your only bet is to stay with XP at least for the sake of Mach. I run Sheetcam on my Windows 8.0 without any issues.

Regards

Marius
http://www.cnccontrol.co.za

http://www.mastercut.co.za

On Monday, March 10, 2014 5:10 PM, "dantechfab@yahoo.ca" <dantechfab@yahoo.ca> wrote:

I'm concerned about getting rid of my Windows XP and having to upgrade to 8.1 !! I'm not a computer savvy person, and don't know if Mach3 and my Sheetcam will be compatible. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Rob

Windows 8.1

Post by Rob »

I believe mach will run on windows 8 but you must use an external motion controller. I have mach installed on my laptop (windows 8) as my back up controller. I have not run my machine with it yet but it appears to function ok.

-------- Original message --------
Date:
To: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sheetcam] Windows 8.1

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___