Odd arc issue

This is an odd problem. See the photos. This particular issue is happening on 1/2" circles. I have a .5" diameter circle with a .2" radius lead in/out. SheetCAM appears to be creating the circle correctly, but when I look at the tool path in Mach, it looks like the torch fires then makes a few rapid moves. Mach doesn’t seem to be seeing this circle as a feed rate move.

I did change the post in that my torch referencing code now resides inside a macro so on a pen down move I call that macro instead of inserting actual code. If you look at the third image, this is the block of code that is supposed to create the circle and I think I know what the problem is, but I don’t know how to fix it in the post.

Line 123: Torch shuts off
Line 124: Z rapids to safe Z
Line 125: Rapid to next start location
Line 126: Comment
Line 127: Call M1101 Macro which generates code that looks like this…

F15
G31 Z-1
G92 Z & offset
G00 Z & pierceHeight

Line 128: Torch On
Line 129: Delay
Line 130: Feed rate move.

Line 130 should contain a G01 to indicate a feed rate move. I suspect this has to do with the fact that my reference code is inside the macro and Sheetcam doesn’t know what’s happening in the macro.

Is there a way I can have SheetCAM recognize line 130 as a feed rate move and still use modal text/numbers. I can use non-modal text/numbers but that adds the G01 to every line of code.

Thanks

Can you load the job, run the post processor then go to Help->create a support file. If you send me the support file I should be able to work out what is going on.

here you go Les. Thanks.

I got around it by replacing modal text with plain text, but that adds the G01 to every line.

In your post, after

post.Text (" M1101 \n")

add:

post.CancelModalNumbers()
      post.CancelModaltext()

That should sort it.

Thanks Les. That fixed it.