Newbie question for general settings

Hi all,
im a starter in using cnc plasma cutting machine, and im struggling to set it up right, with almost no information received from the supplier of machine.
Im using a ThermoSol plasma 130A, sheetcam and mach3 post processor.
I need the basic settings like: Pierce height, Cut height, Pierce delay.
What should be the distance between tip of the nozzle and the material during cutting?
I mainly cut mild steel at 6, 8, 10, 12 and 15 mm thickness.

Thank you in advance

Hello,

I don’t mean this to sound bad, but a lot can be learned by looking in the manual for the plasma power supply. If you don’t have a manual, look on the net or call the manufacturer and get a manual, that’s step one for sure.

In there there will be suggested torch parts, and also all the specs on feed rate, pierce height, amperage, and arch voltage for a given thickness, and type material.

Plasma cutting is real specific if it’s done correctly. Once those specifications are known, then we can set up “tools” in sheet cam for the different types and thicknesses of material.

I have a hypertherm power unit and the “optimum” settings are real close to what I’m using.

Mach does have a learning curve too, but it can be figured out at the price of time and with the help from others.

SheetCAM will be easy to set up when it’s all said and done.

Aj