new update bugs

Hey Les, I’m noticing a few small bugs in the last two updates…

The new and expanded text support is awesome! But all of the fonts are drawing as outline fonts. None of the one line fonts are there anymore. It kind of looks like all of the fonts are truetype and all of the SHX fonts are gone.

I think someone mentioned this before, but I cant find the thread now. The rapid moves are being displayed incorrectly from 0,0. They originate from what appears to be some random location. Only the rapid from 0,0 seems to be affected, all the rapids from start to start appear to be fine.


And I just wanted to say thank you for the text mirror option, that is wonderful! And the algorithm for breaking up manually nested parts seems to be in another world better! At least now if I have open contours touching the part outline, they remain with the correct drawing as long as they are on separate layers. It would be awesome if they would remain with the correct part even if the contours are on the same layer, but this is a drastic improvement and I sincerely thank you!

Oops. SHX fonts have been moved and I forgot to update the installer.

The rapid moves are being displayed incorrectly from 0,0.

Hmm, I though I fixed that.

It would be awesome if they would remain with the correct part even if the contours are on the same layer, but this is a drastic improvement and I sincerely thank you!

The layer should not matter. Could you send me an example job file.

Hmm, I though I fixed that.

Yeah, that’s what I said about my kitchen faucet too lol

The layer should not matter. Could you send me an example job file.

Well… apparently when it actually forked for me a while ago was just a fluke. Both of them generated hundreds of parts this time. Who knows. Mercury must have been in retrograde or something. See attached files… good luck.
Job Files and DXFs.zip (235 KB)

Thanks. The previous release worked well for you but it turned out to be too keen to keep outlines together and I had a number of complaints that parts were not getting broken up. This release works better for those examples but doesn’t work for you. This is one of those problems that sounds simple but in practice is really tricky to get right.

I understand. Its just a big balancing act.

I am curious what kind of a nest wasn’t getting broken up. I tried really hard to break it and it worked perfectly until I put all the lines on the same layer.

Certain combinations of shapes caused problems, for instance two nested triangles.

The next release should be a bit more robust and in testing the sample dxfs you sent me break up correctly.

Hey Les… still seeing an issue with the fonts… I still do not see any shx fonts in the “select font” dialog and none of the italic fonts are being displayed as italic.

Shx fonts are at the bottom of the list. I can confirm the italic issue. I’ll try to fix it for the next release.

Shx fonts are at the bottom of the list

Dangit, got caught with my pants down again… sorry bout that.

Hi all, and Happy New year!

In addition to display I also noticed that now Move commands are always with feed rate no matter last choice and in previously made files it is changing it from rapids to feeds.