Linux Install

Hello all,

I was wondering if the Linux version of SheetCam is still being supported?

I recently installed it, well attempted to.

I followed the instructions on the website, downloaded the files (6.1.36-32bit), made executable, executed, I put them all in my:

/home/tarrant/sheetcam/ directory. It all seemed to work fine.

Then when I go to run the program, I can’t run the SheetCamTNG-dev, it doesn’t run the link in the launcher (unity), and I realise it needs to be run from run-sheetcam, so I did in terminal “./run-sheetcam”

and I get the following error:

./SheetCamTNG-dev: error while loading shared libraries: libcamapp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I’ve tried a bunch of stuff, looked for the libcamapp so I can point to it etc, but I’m not getting anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go next? I’d really like to get this working, as I’ve been playing with HeeksCAD, FreeCAD, but their CAM portions leave a lot to be desired for a plasma cutter setup, it’s a lot of cheating the gcode to facilitate work arounds, or in most cases, joining the dev team and trying to write it all myself. (which is above my head for the most part)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I’m running Ubunntu 14.04 32bit, on an intel based laptop.

Thanks again.

I found the problem. I’ll be uploading an update soon.

Thanks for the fast reply. Looking forward to get into it.

V6.1.38 is on the website now. Hopefully it should install correctly.

Hello All

I probmem with your install Sheetcam 32bit 06/01/38
I use pure distributions LinuxCNC of linuxcnc.org
This is a Debian Whezzy
To install Sheetcam need a library libc6 version 2.15, unfortunately, for the last stable distribution is 2.13 or give something to do with it ??