Job Options Nesting Order

Hey Les, there looks to be a slight little bug in the job options>Nesting order. I’m not sure if this will be an easy fix or something i will just have to look out for.
I selected minimize tool changes to do all the etching first and then do the cuts. Problem is i have a post variable that MUST be paired with the cut operation on some parts that changes the power and speed setting on the machine. It looks like they were all pared up correctly except for one. You can notice the highlighted RadiusGauge-0.750 Set Variable is not directly above the RadiusGauge-0.750 Outside Offset operation. All the others are.
I’m not really sure if this is a bug or not because i could see how the logic could work both ways, but regardless there’s not technically a tool change so they need to be paired together.

You cannot guarantee that operations will remain together with ‘minimise tool changes’. Generally it also tries to minimise rapid distance between operations. I can’t remember off hand how it handles operations that don’t have coordinates such as setting a variable. I think in this case you will need to switch to manual optimisation to tweak the order.

Okay, I figured that would be the case. I’ll just have to remember to watch out for situations like that. Its not very often anyways that I use “minimize tool changes” but when I need it that’s the only way to do it lol