Drawing dimensions and layers....

I have changed CAD programs and the new one has layers which are very useful, I have a layer titled “part to cut”, one for “dimensions” and so on.

I don’t know if this can be done or not but I think would be very useful…

When I import the DXF into SheetCam, naturally I get all the layers and they all show up on the sheet layout, I go to Operation → Plasma Cut and define my tool and select the part-to-cut layer, this all works perfectly.

BUT

Is there a way to make the non-operation layers disappear from the sheet view???

They really confuse the plan and make manual nesting a tricky chore as the dimension lines etc get in the way.

If we could have the non-operation layers go invisible when an operation layer is selected it would be a great addition i think. Obviously if you then choose another layer for drilling ops, it would then reappear.

Any chance :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Turn on View->layer tool. In the layer tool you can individually turn layers on and off.

100% brilliant, thanks for that, exactly what was needed :slight_smile:

Yes, this works perfectly, but…

Is there any possibility the chosen layer states can be saved with the job file??

Currently if you save and re-open the file, all layers are set to on.

Would be really good :slight_smile:

Currently there isn’t a way to do this. The development version does allow you to delete contours so you could delete everything on the layers you don’t want.

ok, thanks

future update maybe ?

:slight_smile: