donek drag knife corner loops?

Hello,

Simple question here. When cutting squares with the Donek drag knife tool, I add loops in Illustrator on the corners so they can be cut in a single continuous line, as in the image I have attached. My boss is under the impression that Sheetcam has the capability to detect square corners and insert these loops automatically…is this true?

-Brian

SheetCam can create loops but only for plasma/laser/waterjet cutting at the moment. To be honest, I never considered using loops for knife though it does make a lot of sense. I’ll have a look at adding loops to knife.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Les, different topic, couldn’t log in to start new one . Sorry if I high jacked a post. Buying new PC with windows 8 will SC work with windows 8 ? Or any special recommendations ?
Thanks Ray

To: > problems@forum.sheetcam.com
Subject: Re: donek drag knife corner loops?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 11:22:38 -0500

SheetCam can create loops but only for plasma/laser/waterjet cutting at the moment. To be honest, I never considered using loops for knife though it does make a lot of sense. I’ll have a look at adding loops to knife.

Thanks for the suggestion.

\

SheetCam should run fine on Win8.

The next development version will have an extra option for the corner loop size.

awesome! Thanks Les

Loops like this are discussed in the manual. The current plugin uses what I refer to as corner actions. If you watch the tutorial you’ll see a detailed explanations of what is happening.
http://youtu.be/63u9idcyVhA

Yeah I see it is very detailed, the explanation is very clear thanks for sharing to us.

\

legal expandable batons