Sheetcam Double cut in different directions

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
cire

Sheetcam Double cut in different directions

Post by cire »

Hello all,

Could someone help me with understanding and correcting my issue with Sheetcam double cutting a single 1px line in different directions? It only does it with certain imported drawings and I don't know if I'm importing it incorrectly, or if there is a certain setting I need to adjust within Sheetcam or Inkscape.

The software's I'm using is Photoshop -> Inkscape -> Sheetcam - Mach3.

Thank you,
dennisshaw

Post by dennisshaw »

Sheetcam_Option_Application options_Drawing import_Remove duplicate lines
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (35.98 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
cire

Post by cire »

Hi Dennisshaw,

Thanks for the response! My settings are exactly same as what you posted. I've added a couple screenshots below to show what is actually happening.

The box to the left and outline are 1 px wide lines that I only want to have a single pass, but SheetCam is turning it into two lines.

Any ideas?
Attachments
test box inkscape.JPG
test box inkscape.JPG (10.06 KiB) Viewed 1496 times
test box.JPG
test box.JPG (35.05 KiB) Viewed 1496 times
dennisshaw

Post by dennisshaw »

I use inkscape, it is probably inkscape are photoshop that as created the lines, you need to remove the lines you do not want in inkscape.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I have this happen every once in a while. It usually happens to me when I have manipulated an object in my drawing program. If you zoom in really close in your drawing program you will see 2 lines, even if your line width is only 1 pixel. Because of these 2 lines, Sheetcam will try to cut one line on the inside, and one line on the outside, thus the 2 directions of cuts. You will need to get rid of one of the 2 lines in your drawing program.

Steve