No Layers Showing

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Mr. Fixit

No Layers Showing

Post by Mr. Fixit »

Hi Sheetcammers,

I have saved my vector files created in Inkscape with numerous file extensions in an effort to resolve a problem with Sheetcam returning the "No Layers Selected Error" during Post Processing. After I import the file and set the parameters, there is no layer to select when I select the Plasma screen so the Post Processor can’t execute properly. In Inkscape, the DXF or SVG (tried both) shows the layer as "Layer 1". When I draw in ACAD, it seems to work fine so far.

Thank you,

Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Do you see the drawing in the main window? If so open your cut operation and click on the 'layer' dropdown. Select whichever layer you need to cut.
Mr. Fixit

Post by Mr. Fixit »

Les Newell wrote:Do you see the drawing in the main window? If so open your cut operation and click on the 'layer' dropdown. Select whichever layer you need to cut.
Hi Les,

No, the drawing doesn't show up in the main window. I have also tried to open the cut operation and the layers drop down box is blank and doesn't drop down when I click on it.

Thank you,

Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

OK. If the drawing doesn't show up it isn't being loaded for some reason. Could you send me a copy so I can take a look.
Mr. Fixit

Post by Mr. Fixit »

Les Newell wrote:OK. If the drawing doesn't show up it isn't being loaded for some reason. Could you send me a copy so I can take a look.
I will do so shortly.
Mr. Fixit

Post by Mr. Fixit »

Les Newell wrote:OK. If the drawing doesn't show up it isn't being loaded for some reason. Could you send me a copy so I can take a look.
Here you go..
Attachments
Alicia Banner.dxf
(94.87 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The drawing looks fine. When you open the drawing make sure the file type is set to 'DXF files'. If it is set to Excellon or g-code your drawign will appear to load but you will see no outlines.
Mr. Fixit

Post by Mr. Fixit »

Les Newell wrote:The drawing looks fine. When you open the drawing make sure the file type is set to 'DXF files'. If it is set to Excellon or g-code your drawign will appear to load but you will see no outlines.
That was it. I was misunderstanding the pop up that said "do you want to open this file with the G Code Filter"

Thanks again..