Testing Sheetcam

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Black70

Testing Sheetcam

Post by Black70 »

Hello guys, newbie here about plasma cutting. I have a Tracker CNC 4x4 table working with Corel Draw and Command n Cut software to cut. Command n Cut is extremely basic and would like to upgrade. I read that Sheetcam is extremely popular for plasma cutting. I downloaded the trial version and installed it the best I can with the help of a few youtube video. My problem at this time is that I do not have any tools to chose from. I installed the tracker post-processor but nothing in the list where I should pick the tools. I have a Hypertherm 65. Where can I get the list of tools to pick from. Is it because it's the trial format? I only want to test with a few circles and squares before I go and buy the license. Tks
jim1108

Tool list

Post by jim1108 »

In the milling format you have to create your own tools by selecting the create new tools function on the left side. Then you can define all your geometry. SC does not come preloaded with a tool list like some of the other CAM software. The help file is very informative and will answer most of your questions and I would recommend using it.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

You can build your own tool-table using your HT owners manual. All the parameters are there.
That said, there is another source of tool tables for the HT plasma cutters. You can go to:
[/url] https://www.candcnc.com/downloads/ [/url]

Once you are there, scroll down part way to:

Support Files Latest SheetCAM TNG (version 6.0.1 or later) with DCC upgrade
Includes new POST files, Hypertherm 45 thru 105 Cut Profiles (tooltables) Updated 06/10/2015

Download that file and it will install tooltables etc. to a directory labeled something like "CandCNC/Sheetcam". You can then tell sheetcam to download a new tooltable and go to the directory containing the new tooltables and pick the one for your plasma cutter.

Steve
Black70

Post by Black70 »

Cool, did that and installed it in sheetcam. Thank you very much.
digitalmonk

Re: Testing Sheetcam

Post by digitalmonk »

Rehashing an old post.

Black70, so were you able to get the Tracker CNC 4x4 table working Command n Cut software?

I'm probably going to pick up the 4x4 nitro table, so just want to know if I can use it with Sheetcam, and how.
Is the tracker post processor incorporated in Sheetcam now?

Please let me know

Thanks