Lead-in feed rates

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
jim1108

Lead-in feed rates

Post by jim1108 »

Is there a way to have a different lead-in feed rate similar to the way the plunge feed rate can be changed? The attached job file will show the feed-in x move (in this particular case), and then continue the move with another x value. It just seems like unnecessary code when the end result is along the same plane.
Attachments
WEATHERFORD SWAGE 280905NN REV.A.job
(48.91 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You can use path rules to change the leadin feed rate.

Which operation in that job shows the X values? The post generally only generates coordinates when it thinks they are needed. It tends to err on the side of caution so for instance after a tool change it always outputs all axes just in case an axis was moved during tool change.
jim1108

Path Rules

Post by jim1108 »

Ok, I forgot about the path rules option, that solved the lead-in code not having a feed rate. If you post the first tool in the job, a 1.0 cutter, you can see on the first few lines of code it has 2 x numbers, when one is sufficient. It's just kind of redundant. Example: G1 X1.25 X2.5, when X 2.5 is the final destination, and X0 is the initial starting point, X1.25 is not necessary. The program is not incorrect, it just may be a quirk with the program if you add a lead-in without defining what the lead-in does in the path rules.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I'm not seeing that here. Modal code is controlled by the post processor. What post are you using?
jim1108

Post by jim1108 »

I am using Fanuc post processor. You should see the double x moves on the first tool and others. It seems to code the lead-in separate, without a separate feed rate, unless you specify in path rules, then the finish x or y move. Specifying a 50 percent feed rate in the path rules for lead-in for instance, causes the lower feed rate to show up in the above lead-in code as it should. The moves are good and the parts come out fine. Maybe I am just reading too much into it, and as you said earlier, SheetCam errs on the cautious side.