Plasma drill ?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Scott V

Plasma drill ?

Post by Scott V »

Les,
what controls the time the arc is on in the plasma drill operation? Not talking about delay time, just if there in any setting to adjust from a full drill setting to more like a peck? Is it set to the Minimum time already,and there is no way to shorten it up at all? I have been able to get a peck in the form of a divot on 16ga. Really nice ones too..with lowering the amps (20) on my machine. (A-60),and using a larger 120 amp nozzle to do the peck. It lays a real nice divot, and all the same with the valve built into the machine torch.(Victor SL100-SV) I have not even got around to bypassing arc good signal, and trying it,(have a switch) but I figured the dwell time was set somewhere else in the post processor..

(Mach-3)

Thanks,
Scott
Attachments
hole mark.jpg
hole mark.jpg (117.89 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
hole mark 2.jpg
hole mark 2.jpg (98.79 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
hole mark 3..jpg
hole mark 3..jpg (141.29 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
Scott V

Post by Scott V »

Solved it by using my arc good bypass. Puts a smaller perfect divot, and they are all the same with the Victor valve in torch setup.. Drilled all the center divots but one, and punched the rest.. Works great...
Attachments
divots for punch.jpg
divots for punch.jpg (174.84 KiB) Viewed 1368 times
drill mark.jpg
drill mark.jpg (155.75 KiB) Viewed 1372 times
drill mark 2.jpg
drill mark 2.jpg (150.83 KiB) Viewed 1372 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That looks good. For future reference the drill function just does a pierce cycle then turns the torch off so the timing is a combination of the pierce time and whatever delays are in your plasma setup.