Post processor rotary plasma eding cnc

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
odv

Post processor rotary plasma eding cnc

Post by odv »

Hello, I'm almost done making my first cnc project, building a 3m x 1.5m plasma/flame cutting table with 2nd z-axis (drill) and a rotary chuck.
I'm using the eding cnc i600 and sheetcam+rotary plugin.
I'm now using different post processors, i imported the new eding cnc plugin and post processor from the development version of sheetcam, this works fine, except for the rotary chuck, there is no g-code for my rotary axis created in this post-p.
If i use the mach3 rotary plasma post-p, i need to change/delete a lot of g-codes (eding cnc don't recognize all mach3 g-codes).
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm new at cnc and don't now much about g-codes, macro's and post processors...
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

What g-codes did you need to remove? From what I can see there should have just needed to remove the G53.
odv

Post by odv »

If i delete the G53, G28.1 and the G92 lines it works, I'm still figuring out how to use the torch touch probe (with switch offset), before every start (M03), do I need to make a macro in the post processor for that?
odv

Post by odv »

If i delete the G53, G28.1 and the G92 lines it works, I'm still figuring out how to use the torch touch probe (with switch offset), before every start (M03), do I need to make a macro in the post processor for that?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

odv wrote:If i delete the G53, G28.1 and the G92 lines it works, I'm still figuring out how to use the torch touch probe (with switch offset), before every start (M03), do I need to make a macro in the post processor for that?
The G28.1 and G92 lines are doing the touch-off. Is your probe switch set up as a home switch or a probe?

Try again but leave the G92 lines. Change G28.1 to G38.2