SheetCam and ESAB

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Give this a try. It turns on THC 10mm after the cut starts to allow the arc to stabilize then turns off THC 5mm before the leadout.
The work is done by the two code snippets (THC on and THC off) and the default rule set (Tools->Cutting rules)

I am not sure if this will work because the code snippets are output with a space before the number which is not technically correct. I am hoping your control will ignore the space.
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

Should I type something or you have file to load?
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

Sorry for being such a pain, but unfortunately I cannot understand how to import the two code snippets in the default rule set.
Can you please help a llittle bit more
Thank you in advance
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry about that. I forgot to attach the file. I have been away from the office all day but I'll upload a new copy tomorrow morning.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

OK, let's try again. Here is the updated job file.
Attachments
CM0145Sh12.job
(7.14 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

Les the code snippets work just fine. Off course they require some fine tunning, by playing with the distances.
But after some trials it works just fine
Thank you very much, it is much appreciated
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

Hi guys,
using the Sheetcam I figured that when it cuts some dull angles of the workpiece, it does something like a cut routine by making a small circle. The problem is that this small circle is so small that meshes up the voltage control and makes the torch diving and colliding on the workpiece.
Any ideas how to get reed of it or change its parameters?

Thanks in advance
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Do you have corner looping enabled? Edit your cut operation and look at the 'loop sharp corners' box. Make sure it is set to 'None'.
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

I checked it and I have it in "none". The problem is that it does it usually on corners of more than ~120deg and except from the fact that the torch collides because of the small hole that meshes up the arc height control, the circular loop is always on the opposite direction (the torch inserts in to the workpiece).
Is it possible this mesh to be created because of the transition of a cad file to a dxf file with just straight lines and arcs (however the drawing in sheet cam even in very high zoom in it seems OK)? and is it possible by checking the code line by line to see the comands that make the torch to loop in the opposite direction?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Can you see these loops in the tool paths in SheetCam? If not it could be a post processor issue. Another thing to try is to set 'loop sharp corners' to 'triangle' then set the 'loop size' slider fully to the left. Set the 'angle threshold' slider fully to the left as well.
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

I checked with the simulation tool of sheetcam and it seems OK.
I also checked the code line by line and especially at the points where the problem appears, and it seems to me just fine.
I figured out that the problem appears in corners where the torch does a small arc path in order to cut properly. It seems that my machine doesn't read properly the end of the arc and it does one or two circles (with the specified arc center) and then it continoues to the straight line. This seems to happen only on angles >90deg. With angles =90deg it doesnot appear and also with angles<90deg.
Any more thoughts?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Did you try my 'loop sharp corners' suggestion? It may help.

Will it cut bigger arcs and circles correctly?
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

Yoou were right!
The loop sharp corners suggestion worked just fine.
However I still don't get it why this happens? Should I use by default your suggestion in order to avoid this kind of side effects?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Does it cut big arcs correctly? If so I guess for some reason the controller doesn't like small arcs. If big arcs are also wrong it is probably a controller or post configuration issue.
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

In big arcs I didn't have any problem. Only in very small arcs.
Big arcs were being done corectly without your "smart"suggestion.