SheetCam and ESAB

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
gsfantos

SheetCam and ESAB

Post by gsfantos »

Hi there,
I am new in sheetcam and also surprised on how easy sheetcam makes things!!!
However I am try to create the right code for my ESAB ultrarex uxd-p 2500 with NCE 290 controller (quite old I know it!) and I can not (starting from the extension is completely different as it creates .tap and NCE290 requires .MPG if I know well)
Is there anyone who can help??
Thank you very much in advance
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You can change the file extension in Options->machine->post processor. Look in the 'Output folder' box.

As a starting point try the Esab vision post processor. Do you have any documention or sample files that run on the machine?
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

Since I didn't know which of the esab postprocessors to use, I export all 4 version that sheetcam gives. However all of them as extension file were .tap and when I tried to load it , it could n't recognize it , and then I reffered to the programming manual and I read that the extension file should be of type .MPG, which I changed it manually and nothing happened again.
Unfortunately I don't have any sample file, except from the whole documentation for programming the controller with some silly examples in it.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

In SheetCam go to Options->machine->post processor. There is a box that lets you set the file extension. Simply enter MPG in the box.
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

Thank you very much. The MPG extension worked and I also noticed that my ESAB requires ESSI format. I copied some programs from the machines library in order to check how are they written.
However the ESSI format from the sheetcam is a bit different and basically the machine gets confused with the coordinates when I load the program.
Any thoughts?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Do you have any sample ESSI files that run on your machine? If so could you send me some. ESSI does have a few different dialects but I should be able to tweak the ESSI post to produce code suitable for your machine.
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

Les you are helping me a lot with your ideas. It is much appreciated.
I did read the code my machine uses for a specific example and then cross checked it with sheetcams code. When I tried to cut a specific part (without any nesting or multiple parts), I deleted from sheetcam's code everything that didn't match to my machines example code (which seems very simple) and then I loaded and it worked perfectly. When I tried it with more than one parts to becut it was a mesh!!!!
The code from a very simple example of my machine is as follows:
+625+1000
29+
-300+-150++
+++225++
++
-325-1000
-200+2200
29+
+200-200
+827-645
+173-355-277-355-
-173-355-450+-
-827-645
++2000
++
+-2000

Thank you very much again
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Do you have any documentation for that machine. I don't recognise some of the codes in your sample.
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

I will scan the code's list from the programming manual and I will send them as attachement, is just 3, 4 pages.
Tnaks again
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

This is the list with the auxiliar function my machine uses. The ones in pencil circle are the functions that are used mainly.
Thanks a lot again
Attachments
1.pdf
(233.01 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
2.pdf
(257.04 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
3.pdf
(246.86 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

Continued
Attachments
4.pdf
(249.85 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
5.pdf
(184.55 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Give this a try. Save the attachement to any convenient folder on your computer then run SheetCam and go to Options->machine->post processor. Clcik on the 'Import post' button. Using the box that appears navigate to the post and open it.

I'm not totally sure about the comments. If you get problems remove the comments. For example:

Code: Select all

INCH
This version uses absolute coordinates. If that doesn't work go to Options->machine->post processor and click on the 'Edit post' button. Near the start of the file you should see this code:

absolute = true
Change it to

absolute = false
Attachments
ESAB ESSI.scpost
(3.76 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

Hi Les,
thank you very much about the post processor. It is working in realtive coordinates ans the there is no problem about the comments.
My problem now is that once it cuts the part (just 1 mm before ending the operation) the torch goes down and colides with the sheet. It does it when I am doing holes but also when I cut big parts.
Any suggestions?
Thanks again in advance
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Is it diving where the leadin and leadout overlap? It may be possible to get around this using path rules. Could you send me a sample job file (file->save job) with a drawing set up ready to cut. I'll add some rules to disable torch height control just before the cut.
gsfantos

Post by gsfantos »

The problem appears exactly where you said (lead in-out).
And it appears in every drwaing I tried, nomatter if it is a hole or a complete part.
I am sending you a simple drawing, just to check
Attachments
CM0145Sh12.job
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 181 times