Sequential mouse click ordering of Start Points

Request and discuss new features
mancavedweller

Sequential mouse click ordering of Start Points

Post by mancavedweller »

Hi Les,

I can't beleive I haven't suggested this earlier.

Lots of times I've re-arranged the pierce point positions and order. Positions is easy because you can just click at the position you want.

However, the order of start points is not as easy. I have to right click on the start point, select properties, then type in the order in the dialog box. Very time consuming when I have a lot of this to do.

Would it be possible to add some extra functionality to the start point mouse clicking. For instance a button "Start Sequential Pierce Point Order" is clicked on. A box then pops up asking what number this Start Point is. Let's say it's 10 so we type that in and press enter. Now every mouse click not only positions the start point but automatically increments from 10. This would give a massive reduction in time for such an operation.

Of course the user would have to be careful he doesn't select one of the start point from 1-10 because in this case the ordering was started after Start Point 10.

To stop sequential start point ordering you just click again on "Start Sequential Pierce Point Order" or go to a different mode (Edit Contours, etc).

Keith.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Right-click->quick cut sequence does exactly what you asked for.
mancavedweller

Post by mancavedweller »

Well what do you know, under my nose all the time. Thanks Les.

I mentioned the idea on Plasmaspider and there's a few other guys didn't know about it, so I'm not feeling like such an idiot LOL.

Keith.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

At least you said something about it. I would much rather people ask when they want a new feature rather than suffer in silence. Feedback is extremely helpful to me. As a programmer it is all to easy to fall into the trap of adding features that I think are a good idea rather than features people actually want.
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

I love that feature. I use it often. Same with copy tabs so that making a finish pass is a piece of cake. :)
Lee
mancavedweller

Post by mancavedweller »

Les Newell wrote:At least you said something about it. I would much rather people ask when they want a new feature rather than suffer in silence. Feedback is extremely helpful to me. As a programmer it is all to easy to fall into the trap of adding features that I think are a good idea rather than features people actually want.
Then here's some feedback Les:

I LOVE IT

Just tried it and apart from being over the moon, I also found a few walls to bang my head off, for all the time I've spent doing things the hard way.

I think a few of the lads over on Plasmaspider are going to be quite excited when they find out about that one.

Thanks,

Keith.