How would you mill this in Sheetcam

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
tom-yahoo@bgp.nu [shee...

Post by tom-yahoo@bgp.nu [shee... »

Andy,I hadn't gotten to the point of thinking about adding misc geometry to the drawing. I was busy pulling my hair out trying to get it do the right thing with what I had. Thanks, the extra lines works a treat! I must admit I wish Sheetcam would allow me to cut all the geometry that already exists though.
-Tom

__._,_.___
Posted by: tom-yahoo@bgp.nu

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
'Andy Wander' andywand...

Post by 'Andy Wander' andywand... »

Hi Tom:

I know what you mean, but that would require that you define the exact shape and size of the raw stock.

I find its easier just to think about "How do I make the tool move to all the places I need it to cut?" My drawing may end up looking nothing like the actual work, though the work is where I start.....

Andy Wander

From: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sheetcam@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2015 11:01 PM
To: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [sheetcam] How would you mill this in Sheetcam

Andy,
I hadn't gotten to the point of thinking about adding misc geometry to the drawing. I was busy pulling my hair out trying to get it do the right thing with what I had. Thanks, the extra lines works a treat! I must admit I wish Sheetcam would allow me to cut all the geometry that already exists though.

-Tom

__._,_.___
Posted by: "Andy Wander" <andywander@yahoo.com>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
tom-yahoo@bgp.nu [shee...

Post by tom-yahoo@bgp.nu [shee... »

Thanks Brian. I set this up and was able to get a tool path. My first Finish Allowance was 0.15 and it cut the outer area and then zero finish allowance cut the shape I need. Interestingly, I had already drawn the bogus geometry paths and generated a toolpath with that as well. In running the simulation the path with the bogus lines runs in 749 seconds while the path with the native geometry takes 816 seconds. I guess this is because of the loops (cutting air) that happen with the outer profile vs the back and forth with the open path lines. Anyway, I am sure I will be using your suggestion in future (regardless of time) just for convenience of not needing to edit the geometry.Thanks again,
-Tom

__._,_.___
Posted by: tom-yahoo@bgp.nu

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___