Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
'Andy Wander' andywand...

Post by 'Andy Wander' andywand... »

Make the drawing with a somewhat larger circle. and draw the "D" shapes as one outline each. Then do a pocket on each of them.

Or add a couple of extra lines(as many as needed) on each side of the center island, and simply cut a contour on each of them.

See attached.

Andy Wander

From: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sheetcam@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:07 PM
To: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sheetcam] How would you mill this in Sheetcam [1 Attachment]

I have a cylinder on one end of which I want to leave a raised area that is the full width of the circle and 3mm wide. It will be 2.5mm high. See attached dxf. I want to put this on end in a V-block and use a 1/2" end mill to simply cut down 2.5mm.

I have tried all manner of operations (contour, facing, pocketing) in combination with dividing the lines into various contours (just the two horizontal lines, the half-circles as contours, etc) but can't for the life of me get a tool path that will cut this. The closest I get is cutting the raised area by making the two center lines separate contours and doing profile with outside offset . But then the outer part of the circle will have to be cut manually as the cutter can't reach the edge, I just can't get the cutter to go out there. How is one supposed to do something like this?

Thanks,
-Tom

__._,_.___
View attachments on the web Posted by: "Andy Wander" <andywander@yahoo.com>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Attachments
EMCO120P-ColletCloserTool-Boss.dxf
(220.68 KiB) Downloaded 272 times