Anti Diving for Plasma

Request and discuss new features
ssutton

Anti Diving for Plasma

Post by ssutton »

I was speaking with Tom at CANDCNC the other day and he indicated that the newest version of sheetcam incorporates more anti-diving solutions. Has this version been released yet and exactly what will the new features do. I am totally new to CNC plasma so layman's terms would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You are probably thinking of cutting rules. This video explains more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gsNhcWF2lE.

Currently it is only available in the development version of SheetCam but you can have both versions installed on your computer at the same time if you want to test it. [/url]
ssutton

Post by ssutton »

Yes, That is what he was speaking of. I am using my machine for routing and cutting plate with oxy-fuel right now but i have a customer who is wanting thin material plasma cut.

Great, thanks again.

Scott Sutton
florri

Post by florri »

Sorry Les to be such a newbie on this. I just ran the same DXF file through LazyCam and looked at the G-Code it generated. I was under the assumption that the "M Codes" were only for milling so that was why it was throwing me. It produced the exact same codes, it just labeled them a little more with (Plasma on) and (Plasma off) after the codes.