Identify Drawing Problems

Request and discuss new features
john_c_kennedy

Identify Drawing Problems

Post by john_c_kennedy »

Often I get the message " not all cut paths generated correctly, there may be a problem with the drawing". Usually I can find these problems by looking at each pierce point and then sometimes I can see an extraneous small segment or a loop in a path. But for large files this becomes very tedious and even then sometimes I can't find any visible problem. When this happens I have to go back to Corel and selectively remove sections of the drawing and then go back to SheetCAM and see if the problem went away, if it does then I know the problem was in the section I removed. It would be nice if SheetCAM could somehow highlight what it thinks are problem areas in the drawing so I know where to look.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Yes, this can be a problem. Currently when you get this error SheetCam doesn't know exactly where the problem is. I am thinking about adding an extra 'find problems' mode that does a more in depth analysis of your drawing to find possible problems.
Jack02

Post by Jack02 »

Could there be the same thing when manually nesting parts? Lets say i want 1/4 between parts, i drop it at 1 inch, it moves at 1/4.
rikduk

Post by rikduk »

+1 for the "drop it at 1in., goes to .25"