Multiple pieces and independent operations

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
fgilii

Multiple pieces and independent operations

Post by fgilii »

Hello all

Sorry my poor English - I hope I'll be able to explain what I want.

I want to make one plasma cut using different pieces located in the same table. (each piece is a separate file)

I can locate different pieces in the table but I can only create a new plasma operation to each piece only - not for the hole bunch.

Is there a way to do as one cut only?

Regards,
Fabio
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Hi Fabio,

Currently you have to have at least one operation per part. I am working on changing this so one operation can affect all parts. One alternative is to nest all of your parts in one drawing. Obviously you thne cannot nest them in SheetCam without breaking the drawing up.
fgilii

Post by fgilii »

Hello Les,

Thanks for your input.

I will wait for this feature soon because I think it's important.

Another question is regarding "Max Chain Lenght" (in plasma cut operation setup)
I searched for some info on how it works, but did not find anything...

I understood that if enabled, Sheetcam will travel between pieces start points with plasma turned on, thus making saving consumables for example.

Is there a possibility to explain to me how & when it works, because I tryed a lot but did not had success.

Another feature I think Interesting is the possibility to change starting point of every piece - i know I can change starting points if pieces are independente but not if I use nesting features for example, because Sheetcam put pieces like a copy and they are blocked to edit each one.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Chaining will only work if there is a straight line between the end of the current leadout and the start of the next leadin. If a part gets in the way of that straight line it will not chain. You will need to move the start points around to allow chaining to work. SheetCam won't move the start points for you.
Another feature I think Interesting is the possibility to change starting point of every piece - i know I can change starting points if pieces are independente but not if I use nesting features for example, because Sheetcam put pieces like a copy and they are blocked to edit each one.
You can do this if you copy the part but not if you duplicate it. Duplicates are a pure step-and-repeat of the original part. In the future they will probably be implemented in the post processor as subroutines.
fgilii

Post by fgilii »

Thank you Les, will try to see if I can do what you say.

Regards,

Fabio