Autocad Inventor R6 DXF export problem

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
richardkrol

Post by richardkrol »

Hi Guys,

Nice to have a forum, hoping for some rapid feedback on a problem.

I have succesfully exported drawings in DXF format which I have used with sheetcam's various releases without any problems.

Now all of a sudden (which is the weird part) without changing any settings I am having a problem whereby a circle shows up in sheetcam with tons of path ends/segment ends. Even if I create 6 exact circles in a drawing through a replicate feature some of them show up fine and others are messed up.

Can somebody give me some guidance here? Tried exporting in R12 to 2000 DXF format which doesn't help.

Cheers

Richard
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Hi Richard,

It sounds like an issue with your cad package. Have you scaled the
circles? If they have been scaled or stretched it is possible your cad
package now thinks they are ellipses. Some cad packages break ellipses
into short line segments when exporting them.

Les.

Hi Guys,

Nice to have a forum, hoping for some rapid feedback on a problem.

I have succesfully exported drawings in DXF format which I have used with sheetcam's various releases without any problems.

Now all of a sudden (which is the weird part) without changing any settings I am having a problem whereby a circle shows up in sheetcam with tons of endpoints/startpoints. Even if I create 6 exact circles in a drawing through a replicate feature some of them show up fine and others are messed up.

Can somebody give me some guidance here? Tried exporting in R12 to 2000 DXF format which doesn't help.

Cheers

Richard

richardkrol

Post by richardkrol »

Hi Les,

In actual fact, the circles haven't been scaled. If you are familiar with Autocad Inventor, you just draw a circle and specify it's dimensions. I haven't altered the way I work because it has always worked this way.

I haven't got a clue as to what it might be....

Thanks for your suggestions so far.

Richard