Mach4-swiftcut post processor

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Majestic7

Mach4-swiftcut post processor

Post by Majestic7 »

Hi,

I have a swiftcut machine.
When I generate the g code, regardless of the tool/consumable im using, the g code gives it a number of 3. When I try and run the code on the swiftcut, the tool known as 3, is the 45amp consumable. So it won’t run if the fine cut consumable is in. Is there any way sheet cam can alter this in the code?

For the g code to run, I need fine cut to be tool 2, 45amp tool 3, and 65amp as tool 4

Many thanks
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Mach4-swiftcut post processor

Post by Les Newell »

What post processor are you using?
Majestic7

Post by Majestic7 »

Mach4 - swiftcut
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry, I should have looked at the thread title. Looking at the post, you should have a 'Tool type' option in your tool definition. That controls the tool number.
Majestic7

Post by Majestic7 »

Yes but it always comes out as 3 in the code, even when I put a different number in?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Could you set up a job ready to post process and confirm the tool number is wrong. Then save the job (File->save job as). If you let me have a copy of the job file I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what is wrong.
Majestic7

Post by Majestic7 »

ok no problem. Thankyou
Attachments
test.job
(62.73 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I found the problem. I have attached a fixed version of the post. Save the attachment to your computer then double clcik on it. SheetCam should start and automatically install the post. Now restart SheetCam and check iof it works for you.
Attachments
Mach4 Swiftcut.scpost
(7.7 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Majestic7

Post by Majestic7 »

Just bought the software. The machine isn’t using the lead ins though, it’s starting its pierce on the cut line even though in the software there are lead ins. Any ideas?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That sounds like your pierce delay is too short. The torch is starting moving before it has pierced.
Majestic7

Post by Majestic7 »

I’ve changed the pierce delay to 1 second and it’s still doing it. It was working ok until you sent me the patch/update
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Try changing the tool type to 3. If it now works the problem is probably in your Mach4 configuration.
Majestic7

Post by Majestic7 »

Sorry, I might not be being clear.

I downloaded the demo version, I manually changed the tool type to 2 in the g code so it would work. I ran a test through the demo version that worked fine. I then contacted yourself who has sent me a patch that changes the tool type. Which works but now won’t cut the lead ins. If I go back to changing the tool to type 3, I would then have to go back into the g code to change it back to type 2, as that is the tool that the machine recognises as fine cut
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I had a good look at the post and cannot see anything that could stop it outputting lead ins.
At the start of the cut, does the torch follow the lead in before it starts piercing?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I found the problem. As far as I can see, the post has always had this problem. That's why I didn't spot the issue before. I was only looking at stuff I had changed.
Attachments
Mach4 Swiftcut.scpost
(7.71 KiB) Downloaded 134 times