Open more job files in different tabs

Request and discuss new features
der rudy

Open more job files in different tabs

Post by der rudy »

Is there a possibility to open more jobs.

I have a couple of costumers that needs parts cut but the by example the first time he needs 20 of part and 10 of part 2 etc. etc. but the sixth time he needs different quantity and or different parts from earlier jobs. no I can nest them every time but if there was/ is a solution to copy paste from different job files it will make it a lot easier and faster to make up the g-code
another question

is there a possibility to select multiply parts and give them all the same cutting operation .
now I select them one by one and give them the operation the need but,
mostly I have a job of about 15 or more different part but they all could have the same operation .
is there a faster way to do it
SeanP

Re: Open more job files in different tabs

Post by SeanP »

You can open more than one instance of sheetcam, with different jobs loaded, in the operations you can right click and choose copy all, the paste into the other job operations.
You can do the same with different parts as well.
I'm using dev version would think stable will have that as well.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

You can also save parts with attributes such as rotation angle & start point placement. I don't remember what is all stored with a part, but I find them useful.
der rudy

Post by der rudy »

Yes but wouldnt it be easier to switch between tabs and i cant find how to copy multi drawing from the first job to te second job