Update Problems

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Tynauta

Update Problems

Post by Tynauta »

I'm having problems updating Sheet cam.
I currently have Linux version 6.1.38 32 bit
Every time I open sheet cam its says theres a update available. "Sheetcan TNG-dev from version 6.1.38 to version 6.1.44.

When I hit ok, it says Download failed on file: http//www.sheetcam.com/update/sheetcam linux v6.1.44-32.zip

I've tried connecting to different networks, used my phone as a hot spot, no change.
I'm writing this post from the affected machine so the connection should be fine.
Any Ideas?
is there a way I can try downloading the update on a different machine and do it manually with a usb drive?
do I have to do a sequential update?
or is there a problem with my router firewall?

when I first set up the machine it did the updates perfectly

the machine is working fine and doing what I need it to do its just annoying to not be able to update.
any Input would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

You need to go to the Sheetcam website and download it from there. You then need to follow the instructions on the Sheetcam website to install it.

For some reason the update will not download from the Sheetcam program on Linux computers.

Steve
Tynauta

Post by Tynauta »

OK.

Thanks Steve, I'll Give that a try.
will this be an ongoing issue?
will I have to reinstall every time a update comes out?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I am working on fixing the automatic update. Hopefully it should be working properly in a couple of days.

The update is to try to fix the problem some people have been having with SheetCam losing it's settings. If you haven't been affected by this problem don't worry about the update.
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Auto update is now working on my Linux machine.
banshee3117

Help my sheetcam updated.... New 6.1.49 and won't post

Post by banshee3117 »

Hello I have sheetcam running on Linux. It updated last night and now every time I go to post process the whole program just closes. And I have to restart it just have it do it again. Any help be awsome.