Scananything for linux/CommandCNC?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Try this <www.sheetcam.com/Scanything/Downloads/S ... V2.0.12-32>. Save the file to any convenient folder, mark it as executable and run it. Note this will only work for 32 bit Linux running LinuxCNC 2.7.8. You don't need to change any of your LinuxCNC settings, simply run Scanything and it will connect to LinuxCNC automatically.

It should work with any Video4Linux compatible camera (most USB cameras will work).
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Got Scananything up and running on my CommandCNC machine. Running, but not working.

When I choose my dot marker, and start the calibration process, Scananything will start travelling towards the dot (if it's off-center). Kind of a jerky motion, but it's headed there. However, before it gets to the ink-pen dot, the blue and green "circles" in scananything will disappear. The camera still works, I can still see the (real time) image, and the jog buttons still work. However, the blue and green rings have disappeared, and it won't do anything else.

If I restart CommandCNC and Scananything, it starts all over again. However, before the green ring actually matches the blue ring (on my ink-dot), the same thing happens.

Is there something on my end I need to be changing?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Switch to mask mode. Is the dot clearly visible as it calibrates? If not try adjusting the brightness.