Application options

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
jim1108

Application options

Post by jim1108 »

I am using Rotary Mach3 for a job that involves removing all material around the circumference of the part except a 1 inch wide lug located at A0 along the length of the part.

I need to use Rotary Mach3 to pocket mill all the excess material except for the lug of course, but I also need the lug to have straight sides.

The only way to do this is to mill the straight sided of the lug using Rotary, but setting it up as a flat sheet.

The rest of the material removed must be set up as a round pipe.

No problem, but I would like to combine all this into one job.

Right now I just create 2 jobs, and copy and paste the code from the other job and run it.

I tried making one job a part and importing it into my job, but it still reverts back to the previous rotary setting (flat sheet or pipe).

Is there any way to save it all under one job file, while each part has its own rotary setting, and/or post processor setting?

Does the application settings where it shows the post processor area have any impact on this?

Here is the combined job file and post processor.

Thanks for any reply
Attachments
GST WELLDOG 4322 COMBINED.job
(24.53 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Mach3 rotary.scpost
(7.01 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That isn't a scenario I had ever expected. Unfortunately rotary settings are per-job, not per-part and I can't easily change that.

You could use the 'insert g-code' operation. Copy the code that does the flat sides and paste it into the insert g-code operation. It is not ideal but it may help if you don't need to chnage the code often.
jim1108

Post by jim1108 »

Thank you for the reply. I never thought if the insert Gcode and will try that out.
jim1108

Post processor/job

Post by jim1108 »

The insert g-code option you recommended earlier works fine for my use.

Here is another one, maybe one so obvious I missed it.

I occasionally switch between 2 post processors (fanuc and rotary mach3).

Whenever I return to a job, it always loads the last post processor I used, regardless of what it was saved with.

Is there any way to have the job automatically use the post processor it was saved with and not the last one used?

I fiddled with the post processor radio buttons in the application options tab, but it still loaded the previous post regardless of what I saved the job under.

I am using SC TNG, latest version.

As always, thanks for any input.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

There isn't any way to link posts to job files. However the dev version of SheetCam comes with a plugin that allows you to have up to three extra post processor buttons, each with it's own post processor. Look in Options->plugin options->moreposts