Rotary Plasma

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
mcalg@vodamail.co.za

Rotary Plasma

Post by mcalg@vodamail.co.za »

Hi Les

Having a small problem with my rotary axis!
I've got a 1300mmx3000mm Plasma table with X and B slaved,Y,Z axis working 100%!Recently I've added a Rotary setup on A axis, but when rotarymach is cutting round tubing, X axis is working 100%, but A axis(Rotary) speed is maby a 10th of the speed I think it should be, just take in account I'm still a rookie!Speed of X and A axis not in sync! But when is manually move A axis with keyboard, its runing 100%!Its allmost as if it is moving back and forth, but still moving forward, this happens only when running a tap file!
Any Help?

Tx
Thys Pretorius
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

What post processor are you using? Could you send me a job file (File->save job) with everything set up ready to cut.
mcalg@vodamail.co.za

Rotary Plasma

Hi Les
Using PlasmaRotary Mach3, I'll attach a machine File of how it is setup!
And attached is the Job(tap file)! Sorry can only add 1 attachment! Please let
know it you want the machine file too!
Tx for the help!
Thys
Attachments
100x4.5Waterpyp 250L10H 1.tap
(130.48 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I'm afraid I really need the job file. It is difficult to see what is happening with the tap file.
mcalg@vodamail.co.za

Rotary Plasma

HI

Ok no problem!One other thing I want to know, the calibration of the rotary chuck, different sizes on tubes have different flat values in mm, on what value do I calibrate, on every job to the size, or the chucks OD in flat value?
I don't know if you will see this in the file, but when I zero All axis in rotary mode on top of tubing, the Z axis moves up a lot when starting, as if it works from the center of the tubing?Is this correct, or where can I adjust it?
Tx
Attachments
100x4.5Waterpyp 250L10H.job
(43.85 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I think this is a configuration issue. In Mach the rotary axis should be defined as linear. Mach's rotary compensation does not mix well with the rotary code generated by SheetCam.

The A axis is output in degrees so you need to set up your motor scaling so one full revolution of the chuck is 360 units. To check enter this code in the MDI box:
G0A0
Now enter
G0A360
If you have it configured correctly the chuck should rotate exactly one full revolution.
mcalg@vodamail.co.za

Rotary Plasma

Hi Les

Just want to make sure how to set mach as rotary axis, (linear) config>general config>angular properties> Uncheck box(A-Axis is angular), this make it linear?Is this the only place to set as linear?I've done this and nothing has changed!
I've set the steps of stepper for one revolution, when A axis is 0 and g0a360 is entered, chuck does 1 revolution(360 Deg)!That works 100%
Tx
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Yes, that is correct. If 'A axis is angular' is checked you will get all sorts of odd things happening.
mcalg@vodamail.co.za

Rotary Plasma

Hi Les
The vibration on the stepper has not changed, I've recently learned that when stepper does back and forth movement but slowly going forward it is called Vibration! Any thoughts why it is still doing this?
Can it be the motor tuning and setup?
My A axis(Rotary Axis):
Step per=20.4 ???????
Velocity 13000 mm per min
Acceleration 400 mm/sec
I'm not sure, isn't the problem at the steps?The higher the steps, the beter it works?
Because my X,Y=85 steps, Z=406 steps, and works perfect!
Not sure.
Tx
mcalg@vodamail.co.za

Rotary Plasma

Hi Everyone
Can anyone help me, struggling with my Rotary plasma!
Tx
Thys
tommygunfab

Post by tommygunfab »

Did you get your rotary to work? I am having the same or similar problem. I am using the PlasmaRotary Mach3 swapped axes post Mine will go slow only on straight cut off lines. In the feedrate dro it says 12.73 ipm but the actual rate while moving is 3 to 4 ipm. I played with the motor tuning and got it to 9 ipm if I turned the acceleration way up but then I doesn't move well on rapid or jog. I also noticed the g code is a couple hundred lines for one cut and if I use the post that I use for flat plate its only about 10 lines.