cut doesn't seem smooth enough

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
mattosmat

cut doesn't seem smooth enough

Post by mattosmat »

Hello everyone,

I bought a miniTHC torch height controller and installed it on my setup. I then took the 'Mach3 THC with scriber' post and modified it to remove the scriber part. I did a couple of test cuts and everything seemed to be working fine.

But now I'm trying to cut an ad and the movements seem clumsy and abrupt, i.e., instead of a soft arc, I seem to get a series of short arcs/lines. At first I thought it was a problem with my DXF file, but then I redrew a curve and although it improved, I can still see when the machine stops and then resumes.

Can someone please help me figure out the reason it is moving this way?

I made a couple of videos:
https://youtu.be/aOWeHufTph8?t=16s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PczIAB4oJFg

I'm also attaching my DXF files for the first and second videos, as well as the corresponding G code for each one and the post processor I used to generate both.

Thanks a lot.

Mario
Attachments
video1.dxf
(391.15 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
video1.txt
(4.13 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Mach3 miniTHC and floating head.scpost
(8.13 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
mattosmat

Post by mattosmat »

Here are the files for video #2

Thanks,

Mario
Attachments
video2.dxf
(55.03 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
video2.txt
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Squigly

Motion Mode

Post by Squigly »

What have you set your motion mode to in Mach?
config --> General config --> motion mode (constant velocity helps in smoothing the arcs, constant stop will move to exact points, most have it set to constant velocity)

Also in SheetCam check what you have the arc fitting tolerance set to, try bumping it up a bit (if its 0.1 try 0)
in SheetCam: Options --> Application options --> Drawing import --> Arc fitting tolerance