Option for different pierce times?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Mr.Emo

Option for different pierce times?

Post by Mr.Emo »

Hello.

I am using the Planet CNC software and hardware and a Pakmaster 50.

When the Pakmaster is about to cut the machine starts with air before it starts to cut. So I have timed the Pierce time to be about 1.2 seconds.

But this is only on the first cut! If the next cut is just a few cm away and the machine is still blowing air the next cut fires up almost instantly.

Is there a way to setup the machine/sheetcam so the initial cut has one setting for pierce time and the following cuts has another setting?

As it is now the torch just stays in the position while cutting for the duration set above. And it burns a bigger hole than necessary.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The post needs to be modified a bit but I can tell you how to do that. What post are you using?
Mr.Emo

Post by Mr.Emo »

Linux THC . My control system is from Planet CNC.

I think this is the one. I am not using the engraver part. But this is the one I got recommended earlier.

Is this normal for all plasma cutters?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

This should do the trick. There is now an extra setting called firstDelay. This is added to the first pierce.
Is this normal for all plasma cutters?
I don't know about normal but a few machines do that.
Attachments
LinuxCNC THC.scpost
(9.45 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Mr.Emo

Post by Mr.Emo »

Thank you, I forgot to mention that I am using a floating head aswell but I managed to edit this in myself. I will let you know how it goes! :D