New Tool Chart for Plasma

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Mr. Fixit

New Tool Chart for Plasma

Post by Mr. Fixit »

Hi All,

I am using my Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 on my new Plasma Table. I am building a library in the software of the plasma tools (tables) beginning with T1 and have a couple of questions.

I am using my original paper manual tables, and although the software seems to have a built in kerf width, my manual doesn't offer this information. Is this important for the post processing, or just fact of the matter information?

Secondly, on any given tool table in the software, there seems to be a minimum of a 45 amp tip which can't be changed for anything smaller. I have 20, 30 & 40 amp tips (in addition to larger) and would like to have the correct information in the box. How can this be changed?

Thank you..
Mr. Fixit

Post by Mr. Fixit »

Hmmmm, nobody? C'mon make something up. :mrgreen:
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

The Kerf width is important because that is the information that Sheetcam uses to lay out your cuts. If two lines are too close as defined by the Kerf widths, then Sheetcam will not cut them. Lines too close together will cause the plasma flame to veer off, possibly causing the torch to crash.

Steve
Mr. Fixit

Post by Mr. Fixit »

WyoGreen wrote:The Kerf width is important because that is the information that Sheetcam uses to lay out your cuts. If two lines are too close as defined by the Kerf widths, then Sheetcam will not cut them. Lines too close together will cause the plasma flame to veer off, possibly causing the torch to crash.

Steve
Steve,

Thank you so much for the explanation. I completely understand.