Question about operation

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Black70

Question about operation

Post by Black70 »

Trying to test out Sheetcam with my Tracker CNC. I am using Corel x7 for drawing and made an L bracket to play with. I did the simulation and everything is good to go. Last thing I did was to run the post processor. It's saving it and then says post completed. Is it suppose to start cutting then? What am I suppose to press to start to cut? When it does cut, how can I stop it if something goes wrong. Tks

Pat
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

The post in Sheetcam writes a G-code file. Then you load your g-code file into your Tracker controller. The cut is started from there.
Black70

Post by Black70 »

Can you or can't u cut something in the trial version. I know it's for a limited amount of g-code lines but I wanted to cut this to play with the software. Tks
Attachments
recoil lug.dxf
(162.56 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
jim1108

Post by jim1108 »

Yes you can, up to the trial version limit of lines of code.
Black70

Post by Black70 »

Mr. Wyogreen mentionned to load the saved processed file into my controller and cut with it. I tried to find what am I suppose to open as a software for the controller but a Tracker comes with only the Command n cut software. If I take it to open the new G-code.plt file it still cuts the same as if I didn't use Sheetcam at all. Anybody knows how I can open or start my controller to work and cut the Sheetcam G-code file. I guess that is when the guys who have Sheetcam and Mach3. Mach3 is the software used to make the plasma cut. So I draw with corel x7, I create g-code file with Sheetcam, now do I need another software to make the plasma start to cut? Tks
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

Pat,

I can't answer your question, but if you ask it over on PlasmaSpider.com, I'll bet there are some Tracker owners over there that can answer it.

Steve