Problem with rotary script...

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Uprising

Problem with rotary script...

Post by Uprising »

Hi all,

I recently stumbled on a problem, what seems to be, with the mach3 rotary invertes axis plasma script. I've used it a couple of times before, with success, but now the result is as follows (round pipe cut):

Arcs and circles are produced smoothly and at the right speed, while cutting a straight line (circumfering the pipe) the motion seems to stumble on every line in the program (not as harsh as when total stop cmd in Mach3 is selected though) and lacks speed. Guess it's interpred wrong somehow. The script info says it's using IJ mode, but the string starts with G90 (absolute?) I'm not a total rookie, but not the wisest programmer either 8)

I've checked the the CV settings in mach. The generated g-code, chops the straight line into hundreds of small movements...

A axis is set to be linear, and the indexing of the axis works fine, except for speed and smooth movement while running a straight line...

Adding a sample g-code for a straight cutoff.

Any help appreciated!
Attachments
rotary test.tap
(13.35 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Mach's CV can struggle with A axis moves. I believe it only works correctly on X,Y,Z. If this is a purely pipe cutting setup you can use the Y axis for the rotary axis.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

Randomly? No it's a router with a 4th axis. I've built it with quick connectors, so it's an easy thing to check out though.

Thanks for the feedback and the quick reply!