Installing sheetcam on Linux Mint/ Download tab broken?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
SHAWNELIASON

Installing sheetcam on Linux Mint/ Download tab broken?

Post by SHAWNELIASON »

Im setting up a new PC and I have a Sheetcam Liscense.

When I go to downloads on the website and click the ''DownLoad Sheetcam Linux 64 bit and 32 bit" link, I get a page full of symbols and other stuff..

No prompt box from the OS that asks where to put it etc> as I do if i click the Download sheetcam under the Windows OS header on the webpage.

Is the link broken?
PK

Post by PK »

Try right-clicking on the file you want and select "Save Link As...".

After it is finished downloading, you can change the file permission with something like "chmod u+x nameofthefile".

Then you can double-click the file to run the installer. I haven't tried this, but it should work.

HTH
Paul
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I had the same thing happen when I tried downloading the Linux file. I seem to remember having to do as PK suggests, although I don't remember having to change file permissions.

Steve
SHAWNELIASON

Post by SHAWNELIASON »

WyoGreen wrote:I had the same thing happen when I tried downloading the Linux file. I seem to remember having to do as PK suggests, although I don't remember having to change file permissions.

Steve
Ok, its downloading, Ill see what it ends up doing.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I'd like to say Thanks Les!

I've downloaded and used the latest Linux Sheetcam update (6.1.39) for a couple of days now.

This latest update fixed several of those little issues I've been having. The grids now show up, and the tool table doesn't crash anymore upon closing.

Again, Thanks Les for your hard work, Steve :D
SHAWNELIASON

Post by SHAWNELIASON »

WyoGreen wrote:I'd like to say Thanks Les!

I've downloaded and used the latest Linux Sheetcam update (6.1.39) for a couple of days now.

This latest update fixed several of those little issues I've been having. The grids now show up, and the tool table doesn't crash anymore upon closing.

Again, Thanks Les for your hard work, Steve :D
So its working now? Ill try it again but i had no luck the other day..

My sheetcam crashes when loaded down too so im hopefull this will download and install now.. and 1 thing, i purchased my liscense through CandCNC. where is the lic #or whatnot found to enter into this new pc?