sheetcam.com Forum Index sheetcam.com
SheetCam discussion board

Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

importing G Code and then nest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sheetcam.com Forum Index -> Yahoo posts (yahoo @forum.sheetcam.com)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacala

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: importing G Code and then nest Reply with quote

Hello!

Sheetcam is great: I have an 2500 dollar CAM software upgrade en never use it: I'm still using Sheetcam because it is faster and has better functions for my needs.

But.... I'm using the cad/cam plan for 3d engraving and parametric cabinet designs and that is getting bigger and bigger in my business. Only this software package is not able to nest properly and that is where sheetcam could help me.

There is the possibility to import Gcode as a part in sheetcam. When I do this I can see the outline of the part but there is no functional G-code created.

Am I missing something or how could I do this?
jacala

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

After some research I found this:
https://dg-nest-pro.en.softonic.com/

It is called DG net pro and is exactly what I'm looking for: Nesting pre written Gcode files.

This would solve my problem but it seems that this program is not longer supported.

The thing is that I can not find another program that does this.

I can't be the only one with this problem right?
WyoGreen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you like Sheetcam, you might go to their website and look at the plugins page, they have a plugin that works with a couple of different nesting programs.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sheetcam.com Forum Index -> Yahoo posts (yahoo @forum.sheetcam.com) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: