Sheetcam license or alternative

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Nullenmacher

Sheetcam license or alternative

Post by Nullenmacher »

Hello there. :)

Im currently building a homemade cnc plasmacutter, and the first couple of test runs worked fine. I stumbled across sheetcam because of some random DIY-cnc video on youtube, so its the first one i tried, and it was really easy to use.

But 180lines of code isnt much, and im trying to figure out if there is any other cam software that is similar and easy to use for plasma? 110£ For sheetcam seems alot at the moment...

Hope someone can help me. - Thanks. :)

(pardon my bad english btw.)
Nullenmacher

Post by Nullenmacher »

From what im reading on other forums, Sheetcams seems to be THE cam software... :) I guess ill buy the license from sheetcam.com... :)
PK

Post by PK »

Hello Nullenmacher,

I think the 180 lines are a very convenient way to allow us to test SheetCam's abilities without committing financially. It is a very easy program to use, especially when you have everything setup for your system.

I can't say it's THE best, but I have used a few other CAM programs which are less intuitive. I have yet to find/use a CAM program that is better for plasma cutting. I am very satisfied.

Enjoy...

Paul
Nullenmacher

Post by Nullenmacher »

Hi Paul, thanks for the response.
Ive also tried other cams, but usually they dont work very well with mach3 when it comes to the post configs... And also they are alot more complicated compared to Sheetcam...

I have more or less decided to buy the license... Do you know how many computers i can install sheetcam on with one license? I have a main computer for drawings and designs, and a workshop pc that runs the cnc...

/Nullenmacher
PK

Post by PK »

That is a nice thing about SheetCam (and maybe others) that the post processor can be modified to suit many different setups.

When I asked about the license structure of SheetCam a while back, I found out that it is for one installation only. I was hoping for one person/many installations as I have a main programming area and many times need to modify "on the fly" in the shop. Maybe this has changed or I initially misunderstood.... ?

Paul