Proma thc with mach3 issues .. post processor?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Plasmalex

Proma thc with mach3 issues .. post processor?

Post by Plasmalex »

Hi, i 've install my new thc from proma . I wired all wire and when i try "test mode " thats work perferctly , my z axis works up and down . When i try to cut some piece, the torch pierce and stay at this position . I have to e-stop .... I've test with multimeter and i have +/- 130v. I dont use 1/16 or 1/50 voltage , im connected direct to the leads . Anyone can help me ? I use sheetcam with mach3 plasma post processor . Many peaple say that if I d'ont have floating head, i can use mach3 plasma post processor with my thc .. hope you can help me !

Alex
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I am afraid I can't help with diagnosing your problem but the 'Mach3 plasma' post is the right one to use if you don't have a touch-off switch.

Does the Proma THC show the correct voltage when the torch is on?
Plasmalex

Post by Plasmalex »

Yes he show the correct voltage , i've set the HU ( high voltage limit of thc) to 300v and that work .. i don't know why but its working.. thank for reply ! I look to install floating head next week, so the apropriate post processor should be wish one ?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

If Proma supply a post, use that one. If you aren't using any special probing macros the 'Mach3 THC with scriber' post should work.
Plasmalex

Post by Plasmalex »

Ok thanks Les !!