Probing before every piercing

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
bravar

Probing before every piercing

Post by bravar »

Hello,

I'm new in CNC or plasma cutting or CNC plasma cutting but i would like to have my own hobby CNC plasma machine.

I have build mine CNC table (router with floating head) and it works fine but i don't know how to incorporate probing.

I'm interested in setting probing function (automaticly setting zero to the top of the sheet before every piercing).

I understand that i need to have some piece of code in the sheetcam post processor.

I have downloaded demo sheatcam for test and it genereate nice G-code that mach3 Version R2.63 is reading fine.

Hardware is cheap chinese controller and drivers (TB6600) with motors from "stepper online".

Can some one please post whole code that i need to c/p to my post procesor and tell me can i paste it just at the end in post procesor or does it need to be in some specific place.

I'm asking because i didn't find anywhere complete code for post procesor (or it doesen't look like one to me )

Thank You for help.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Try the 'Mach3 THC with scriber' post. Once you have selected the post click on the 'Edit post' button. At the start of the file are a number of parameters you will need to set up for your machine. You can ignore the scriber stuff.

Your controller my need a different probing cycle than the post uses. If that is the case lte me know and I will modify a post for you.
bravar

Post by bravar »

Thank You sir for fast reply.