Start Delay

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
donniem70

Start Delay

Post by donniem70 »

I am using a Thermal Dynamics Cut-master 42 on my small Plasma table. I have been using the Sheetcam and Mach3 for a while now. I have always had this issue, but have just been to lazy to fix it :)
When I am making the very first cut the Plasma has a long delay. Starts the air and waits about 4 to 5 seconds before the arch starts. I have a start delay setting in place that works well when the torch shuts off between location changes.
In the past I just start the torch with the F5 key when I start the project. I have installed a new PC and would like for it to work the way it should.
I have tried adjusting the start delay to correct for this but the delay is carried into each start up during the project and it does not need that much delay after the first start up.
I am using the Mach3 Plasma Post right now as I did not see on for my machine.
Is there a rule I can put in place to do a longer start delay on the first start up? Or some other work around for this?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Give this post a try. To install this post, save the attachment to any convenient folder on your computer then run SheetCam and go to Options->machine->post processor. Click on the 'Import post' button. Using the box that appears, navigate to your post and open it. Go back to Options->machine->post processor and click on the 'Edit post' button. On the first line of the post is a parameter that you can set. This is added to the pierce time on the first pierce.
Attachments
Mach3 plasma.scpost
(4.17 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
donniem70

Post by donniem70 »

That did the trick :D
Thank you very much